Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Big Fish

I woke up this morning and I kept on bugging my mom, "Can we go to the lake? Can we go to the lake? Can we go to the lake?"
 We camped last night on a lake that had a beautiful beach area. We drove down to the lake, I grabbed my cast net, and ran down to the beach.
I jumped in the water and swam with my cast net to the floating dock. The water was pretty cold even though the locals say it's the warmest lake around. I got to the floating dock and my mom swam out with me. 
I threw my castnet and on the first throw I caught two one inch fish and a five inch fish.
They were beautiful. I threw it a few more times and then I caught a GIANT LARGE MOUTH BASS! Dad took a few pictures of it from the shore and then we released it. I threw my net a few more times, caught a few more small fish, and then we heard loud thunder and saw lots of lightening. We quickly swam out of the water. It was a little hard for me because I had my castnet in one hand. 
We got back to the RV and we started driving, and that's where we are now. I thought today was a great day- and by the way, the large mouth bass was between 1 1/2-  2 feet. It was the biggest fish I've ever caught. 

~Lotus

*Note from Sarah: We camped on Lake Liberty at a County Park campground east of Spokane on the Washington/ Idaho border. 

3 comments:

  1. WOW.....way to GO , Lotus...............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checkin in.......wassssssssssssssssssup? :) Can't wait to see the next blog post.............from my favOrite roaming gnome......:) LOL Hope you ALL had a wonderful 4th...........

    ReplyDelete