Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Glass Beach

Mom's wonderful Pintrest did us good on this trip, because of it she discovered this spectacular place called glass beach. What happened was that many years ago, this beach was a dump spot for the local's garbage (sad, I know), and over the years most of the garbage floated to sea or rotted, except for the glass. The glass stayed and was turned into many little pebbles of sea glass. 



I found a shovel and I was using it to look for buried treasure. Arggghhh!
We even saw a harbor seal way out on the rocks and soon after, another one joined the first! There was a white one and a grey one. We couldn't get any really good pictures, but here's the best one. 
One thing that we heard was really cool to find were old spark plugs, so Lolo, Dad, and I looked for them. And guess who found one? I did! I thought it was pretty neat, but I knew dad and my bro thought it was cooler so I gave it to them.  After glass beach my family and I ate dinner at Denny's and went to Heather's for a fantastic time. See you in the next post!
~Lilye Wind

No comments:

Post a Comment