Monday, July 1, 2013

Mystic Falls- Yellowstone

At every national park that we go to, we try to take a hike. The Yellowstone hike we chose was Mystic Falls. It was probably my favorite hike so far. The scenery on the trail was beautiful.
We hiked around until we finally got to the waterfall. It was gorgeous. 
We went down to it and I stepped in the water and almost burned my foot!! There were hot springs right next to the cold rushing river!! You can see them in the picture above if you look for the orange stream to the right of the falls. It wasn't that hot and I'm completely fine, but it certainly was a shock! Apparently the water running down the mountain was heated by magma!! How neat is that!!! The path was beautiful and the whole family enjoyed climbing up and down the mountain near the waterfall and checking it all out. 
It was extremely awesome and if you ever visit Yellowstone, this path is highly recommended by me. 
~Lilye Wind

No comments:

Post a Comment