Monday, July 8, 2013

Alabama roots

We were so lucky to be able to visit my Dad and Sonja (Paw Paw and Nanny) and my sister Alaire on our trip. Our visit was short but sweet. We enjoyed some of life's simplest pleasures- playing fetch with the dogs, family movie night, fresh vegetables from the garden, and listening to my Papa fingerpicking on his guitar. 



I loved seeing this old sign from my grandfather's business...

On Sunday I went to the barn with Sonja and got to see Alaire's country cottage for the first time. It was so cute and her vegetable garden was incredible!





Sonja had made special arrangements for her and I to ride horses together. She rode her Morgan horse Arlo

and I rode a huge (over 17 hands) fleabitten warmblood named Sweet Lips!
Look at those juicy lips!


The horses were all in their stalls because of the recent rain and were quite curious. 


We gave them each of them a flake of hay and then had an awesome ride. 

Back at Nanny and Paw Paws it was time for hugs and goodbyes until next time. We love you guys!

1 comment: