Sunday, July 7, 2013

Crystal Mining

Over the July 4th holiday, my family and I stopped at a crystal mining RV Park in Arkansas. We got there late and we were all pretty tired. So we played a few rounds of Spoons and went to bed. Spoons is a very fast, fun card game. 
Around 7am, Lily and I woke up and started getting ready to mine. We woke my mom and dad up a few minutes later. We got all our tools and headed out to the mine. 
We got to the mine and we started digging. Dad found the first one. Everything was reddish orange and sometimes you would find little crystals in the dirt.
There was boulders and rocks everywhere and lots of clay mounds.



 The weather was hot and dry, so we needed to drink a lot of water to keep ourselves hydrated. We realized the sun was starting to set, so we tried to dig a bit quicker. I found a beautiful cluster of crystals and then we had to go. 
We got back to our campsite and I started  rinsing off my crystals. I found out they were beautiful clear crystals.  We also realized how orange and dirty we were, so we all took showers. 

Later that night, we were about to go to bed when we heard fireworks. We ran outside and saw a giant beautiful fireworks display in the middle of the woods. We watched it for a little while and then went to bed. 

We woke up the next morning a little later than the day before and we went mining for crystals again. A guy with a front end loader was bringing up new material from the mine. I met the guy bringing up the dirt. His name was Henry. He gave me a small crystal and I thanked him for bringing up the dirt. He did this a few times and then I asked him to stop so mom could take our picture. He gave me another nice, big, clear awesome crystal.Mom took our picture and about then we had to leave. 

We got to the RV and we sorted all our crystals. It was a little hard but we did it. It was time to leave so we got back on the road again.  
Today was nice, and I thought Henry was really cool. 
See ya next time!
~Lotus


No comments:

Post a Comment